Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thirty...

Thirty.  Seriously…It’s a huge number. 

You know, its funny…I feel like I was way more worried about turning 30 when I was 26 or 27 than I was on my actual birthday.  To be perfectly honest, I didn’t feel or look much different that I did the day before.   

Yes, I check for wrinkles now.  Don’t judge.

Chris treated me to a delicious birthday dinner in the north end.  I ordered a fantastic brick oven pizza with fresh mozzarella, ricotta, cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, and prosciutto.  (and I luckily got to eat it twice more at home the next day!)  We even stopped for a cannoli on the walk back to the car.  (A little too much sugar?  Sure...but it was my birthday and totally worth the heart racing and dizziness afterwards)  

All in all it was wonderful. 

When we were going to bed Chris asked me if I was happy being 30.  I told him I was.  But it started a discussion about different things I always thought I would have done by this point in my life…like be married…and have children.  Chris reminded me of what I already have accomplished in my life and told me I have plenty of time to still do these other things.  And he is totally right. 

But, I told him one of the real things I really wished I had done earlier in my life was to have had this surgery.  God knows where I could be now if I had this much strength and the confidence in my early 20s.  I mean, I’m shaking my head right now just thinking about it. 

Woulda, coulda, shoulda…eh?  But…Chris is wise…and after my tangent, said something to me in the way only he does.  Simple.  Analytical.  Right to the point. 

“But then we may not have met…so I guess everything worked out in the end.”

This is why I love him.  Growing up, we had been in the same room before and never come together.  There is a reason 29 year-old Kristen met Chris and not 22 year-old Kristen.  Do I know exactly why?…no.  But someday I may.  

Until then, all I know is that all the experiences I have had in the past 30 years have made me who I am and given me the wonderful life I have today.   And I have the whole rest of my life to have different good and bad experiences to make me who I will be. 

A wife?  A mother?  Best selling author?  Sky’s the limit... 

What I do know for sure?  30 is certainly going to be my best year yet...And everything will always work out in the end.  


::wink wink::

No comments:

Post a Comment