Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pinch me...


In less than 2 weeks, I am going to be 30. 

Somehow, I haven’t been as worried about it as I though I would be.  Maybe it’s because I have Chris in my life now…or maybe it’s because I keep hearing that ”30 is the new 20”…but it’s coming whether I like it or not.  And I feel unexpectedly ready. 

My life…my personality…basically all of who I am has changed for the better since I’ve had this surgery.   I know I’ve said it before, but this was the best decision of my life.   And despite the friends and family I may have lost during this process, if I had the choice, I would do it all again.  No question. 

When I look back of this journey I chose to take, I never could have imagined I would have ended up here.  Honestly, I never thought I would or could ever have been so happy. 

But I am.  And it is just so good. 

I know that who I am and how I live my life has only changed and grown for the better.  But despite all the personal and mental growth I have made, I can honestly say the best thing that has happened to me since my surgery is the fact that I met Chris. 

I didn’t believe there was another person on this earth that could be such a perfect match for me as he is.  I love him so much, but in a different way than I have ever felt about anyone in my entire life.  It’s just so hard to explain.  Having him with me just makes sense.  I can’t even imagine my life without him. 

And, luckily, from now on…I don’t have to. 







That’s right, ladies and gentlemen...last Friday, September 30th, this girl got engaged.  And the kicker?  It happened exactly one year and 4 days after the “Lookin’ for love” post I wrote when I was feeling so alone.   

Goosebumps?  Yeah…me too…

Since this surgery, my life has been like a dream.  Or at least a really cheesy TV movie on “Lifetime.”  Girl loses weight…changes life…grows as a person…meets the man of her dreams…he “puts a ring on it”…and they live happily ever after.   (Book deal?  Screen play?  I’m certainly accepting offers…)

I love who I am now and I feel like starting a life with Chris is where exactly I was supposed to end up.  Knowing that the rest of my life is going to be spent with him by my side just seems like the perfect finale to this chapter in my life.  Just the perfect place to run the credits and leave everyone feeling happy and comfortable. 

But to me, this isn’t the end…it’s just the beginning.   And everything is just perfect.

Pinch me.   

4 comments:

  1. Kristen, you have always been a sweet, whip-smart, hard-working, funny and caring person. Forever. Everything good that happens to you is long overdue. I'm so happy for you!
    I know that the surgery changed a lot for you, but I'm pretty sure you had good things coming to for a long time. :)

    <3
    Much Love,
    Jen Cormier

    P.S. Remember that time we got in trouble in SSR in 7th grade or laughing too loudly at that ridiculous book of funny roadside signs? We were looking at it because I had been picked on by girls that I was desperately trying to follow and they made me feel worthless. You came up to me at lunch and and asked me to hang out with you. You were one of the first people to show me what true friendship was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, I linked to your blog from FB, and just want to tell you that I LOVE it. This post makes me get all teary and mushy and we all (Chris' family) are so happy that YOU are in his life. We are so looking forward to getting to know you better, and I think you and I are going to have LOTS to talk about (work, 5k's etc)!Can't wait to see your ring in person.
    Love to you both, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It's been really interesting to read along with you as you've gone through this process and I'm so glad you've found two people you can be happy with--Chris being one of them and YOU being the other one.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, I have been following your blog for awhile and am so happy to see you posting again... and with such exciting news! You're right, it's totally crazy and awesome to see how much your life can change in a year. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete